We offer flexibility in how our courses are delivered so you can choose an option that meets your learning needs…
– Our eLearning Courses are currently being developed so we will let you know when you can access them.
– Find out more about our online interactive workshops here.
– Contact us to inquire about face to face facilitation.
A range of courses designed to meet your training needs
Fundamentals – what you need to know about the Support Coordination role
Practice – identifying and overcoming challenges in Support Coordination practice
Advanced Practice – understanding complex supports and practices (under development)
Leadership – developing skills to become an effective Support Coordination leader
Support Coordination Fundamentals
Support Coordination Pathway – understanding the core elements of the role
– Overview of the six stages including:
- Stage 1 – Understanding community, mainstream and funded options
- Stage 2 – Connecting with participants
- Stage 3 – Turning the NDIS plan into an Action Plan
- Stage 4 – Linking to supports
- Stage 5 – Coach, refine and review
- Stage 6 – Manage information
- Understanding who is involved throughout the participant pathway
Scope and limits of support coordination – where the role begins and ends
- The key tasks of the support coordination role
- Differences between case management and support coordinator role
- Out of scope tasks for a support coordinator
Specialist support coordination vs support coordination – understanding the differences
- Levels of support coordination and their differences
Attributes of a great support coordinator – what it takes to make a difference
- Strengths and skills needed to deliver a high-quality service
- What does it look like when not done well?
Funding scenarios – breaking down plans to achieve goals
- What you need to understand about a participant
- NDIS plan and other resources
- Budget flexibility
Conflict of interest – your responsibilities in ethical service delivery
- Conflict of interest within the support coordinator role
High productivity – what you can charge for and what it takes to meet your targets
- Billable services
- Strategies to increase productivity
Going the distance – strategies to manage each participant’s support coordination hours
- Managing expectations
NDIS reviews – helping participants get the best outcomes in reviews
- The types of NDIS reviews
- How to support a participant in a review
Support Coordinator Fundamentals Checklist – things to remember to do in your role
- A support coordination practice checklist
- Continually building knowledge and skills
Support Coordination Practice
Capacity building – breaking it down to what really matters
- The different elements of capacity building in SC
- How to measure change over time
Delivering value – creative approaches to help participants get the best value out of their plans
- How can participants get the best value for money from their plans?
- Building knowledge around community and mainstream supports
Empowering stakeholders – the conversations that supercharge your impact
- Influencing outcomes through conversations
- Conversation model
Support Coordination and crisis – your role in working through crisis
- What is a Support Coordinator responsible for?
- Planning for crisis
Advanced reasonable and necessary – what you really need to understand about R&N
- What the Act says and what this means
Mainstream interfaces – defining the limits of NDIS and getting mainstream services to step up
- COAG Principles and mainstream interfaces
- How do you respond? What is your role in this situation?
Shared support teams – overcoming unique challenges with SIL, respite and day service teams
- Understanding the complex environment
- Identifying challenges and how to overcome them
Seeing the future – anticipating where Support Coordination is heading
- Some futures thinking around Support Coordination
Developing your personal brand – building on your strengths as a Support Coordinator
- What is my personal brand?
- Reflecting on and working on your personal brand
Support Coordination Leadership
Support Coordination Leadership KPIs
- How to view the full scope of your role
Caseload and capacity management
- Practical exercises that explore caseload, viability, workflow and resourcing
Driving results through good reporting
- Techniques to highlight outcomes and generate ongoing business
- Considering complexity, location, budget and characteristics to identify your sweet spot
Leadership conversation techniques
- Helping your team members and stakeholders get to the point and tell you what you need to know
- Strategies to boost team performance without sacrificing culture or brand
Leading for the future
- Evolving your style and priorities to make the change you want to see
Support Coordination Academy Toolkit
The Support Coordination Academy Toolkit includes…
A Process Manual, nine purpose-built tools and two calculators to develop and guide your Support Coordination practice.
Find out more about our toolkit here.
Support Coordination Pathway
The Support Coordination Pathway is illustrated in a process map that identifies the end to end activities completed within the Support Coordination role, including:
- Understanding community, mainstream & funded supports
- Connecting with participants
- Turning the NDIA Plan into an Action Plan
- Linking to Supports
- Coach, Refine & Review
- Manage information
- The Support Coordination Pathway Manual delves into each stage of the pathway, each with their own stage process map, that links to detailed descriptions of activities to be completed within each stage.
- This resource is valuable for both new and experienced Support Coordinators, to build good practice and to develop comprehensive internal work procedures.
Community & Mainstream Mapping Tools & Guide
- This tool provides a structure for teams to identify strengths and areas for improvement in their knowledge of community and mainstream supports. This enables teams to develop a strategic approach to gathering information about unfunded supports.
Funded Provider Strengths Tool & Guide
- This tool provides a structure for Support Coordinators to explore and understand the service offerings and strengths of other funded service providers.
Contact Checklist Tool & Guide
- This tool supports workers in the initial contact with a prospective customer, ensuring that crucial information is gathered, and key messages are provided.
Projected Support Pattern Calculator & Guide
- Support Coordination hours are not distributed evenly across the entire plan period, given the need for higher intensity support, in the linking phase and at other times during the plan period.
- This Tool enables Support Coordinators to quickly develop a plan for how Support Coordination hours will be used across the year, enabling transparency and expected management with participants. It also provides a report which details the hours predicted compared with hours used as evidence of support provided to a participant.
Plan Unpacking Tool & Guide
- This is a core tool that guides the Support Coordinator through the process of assisting the participant to, understand their NDIS Plan, understand budget flexibility and review rights, explore goals, roles and interests, identify specific disability support needs, opportunities for community & mainstream linking and use of funded supports and developing and action plan.
NDIS Budget Calculator & Guide
- The NDIS plan provides funding through multiple budgets, each of which can be used flexibly on multiple supports within the NDIS Price Guide. The process of exploring options can quickly become mathematically complex.
- The NDIS Budget Calculator makes this process much simpler for participants and Support Coordinators. This also provides a report to evidence how funding has been allocated and used to purchase supports for a participant.
Participant Confidence Scale & Guide
- This is a tool which explores participant confidence in a range of activities facilitated by a Support Coordinator. This tool establishes a baseline, which can be used at other points in the pathway to assist the participant to reflect on and understand their progress.
Action Plan Template & Guide
- The Action Plan helps the Support Coordinator and participant agree on and record the actions each other will be responsible for. This supports a focus of ensuring that Support Coordinators focus on empowering rather than “doing for”.
Choosing Providers Tool & Guide
- This tool supports a participant to approach, shortlist and evaluate potential providers for funded services. It captures information on the participant’s preferences and requirements, simplifying the process of the initial contact with providers, and provides valuable evidence of how a participant has been provided with choice and control when choosing providers.
Support Coordination Checklist & Guide
- The Support Coordination Checklist is a tool that assists Support Coordinators to manage and track the tasks they need to complete for each participant. This is also a valuable tool for managers to use in supervision and support.
We offer organisations coaching and implementation support packages that can be flexibly used according to the needs of the organisation.
These packages can be used for:
- Practical support to problem solving issues and providing advice
- coaching of individual Support Coordinators
- refresher training
- targeted support to teams within practice circles or team meetings
- coaching of team leaders
- assistance with strategy and planning
- leadership coaching
Our Coaching Support packages range from 1 hour to ongoing. We would first work with you to agree on an outline for how to use the hours and then adjust the plan in response to emerging needs or priorities.
If you are interested in finding out more information about our coaching, please let us know through our Contact Page or phone us on 1300 013 001.
The Health Check allows organisations to understand their position in relation to best practice in Support Coordination, quantify their strengths and points of difference, and identify priority areas for development. This product is valuable for both organisations who are just stepping into Support Coordination, or organisations that have been delivering it for some time.
To undertake the Health Check, we…
– gather information through Support Coordinator surveys, “secret shopper” style contacts, service delivery documentation review, interviews with key staff, and review of marketing and presentation of the service.
– evaluate Health Check against our Support Coordination Performance Framework, which focuses in five areas:
- NDIS Insight & Confidence,
- Capacity Building & Participant Outcomes,
- Value for Money and Sustainability,
- Alignment with NDIA Expectations; and
- Market Presentation & Messaging.
Organisations undertaking the Health Check will receive a summary of their result in each of the key areas, along with a 50 day Plan that highlights the priority activities or changes required to develop a best practice Support Coordination service. The plan empowers service providers to take prompt and targeted action to improve their service offering.
If you are interested in finding out more information about our Health Check, please let us know through our Contact Page or phone us on 1300 013 001.